Selling Your House
Aside from buying the home of their dreams, selling a property is one of the biggest tasks many people will undertake in their lifetimes. There are numerous intricacies that go into the process of not only putting a home on the market, but also effectively promoting a residence and attracting the right kinds of buyers.
When it comes to selling your house, the most important decision you will make is which broker to choose. You want a broker who will aggressively market and sell your home with minimal discomfort to you, in a timely manner, and at a good value. You want a broker who knows the local market, and one who is a full time professional, dedicated to their craft.
What To Look for in a Broker
Considerations Before You List Your House
What You Get With Watts Property Group
When you select Watts Property Group to market your property, you get an experienced and aggressive team. Our clients also benefit from the power and resources of both Watts Property Group and Greene Realty Group’s websites and marketing efforts. Between the two teams, we have two assistants, and two marketing professionals to help get you “sold”. Greene Realty Group is the ONLY brokerage in the county with a full time Marketing Director on staff. What this means to you is top notch market exposure on all fronts, professional marketing materials and state-of-the-art websites and search engine optimization.
Missy formed Watts Property Group under the umbrella of Greene Realty Group in response to a need for boutique-level service in this competitive business. Greene Realty has been a top producing brokerage in the Thurston County area for over ten years, and Missy has been a part of that tradition since Greene Realty’s inception. All brokers at Greene Realty are full-time brokers, and with only 40 brokers, the per-broker production is some of the highest in the county.
As part of Greene, Watts Property Group has consistently ranked in the top three for production. Missy has the experience, expertise, and professionalism required to get your property sold.
Our Marketing Tools
Prepare a Comparable Market Analysis to establish fair market value. Pricing is a collaboration, we will look at the market the way an appraiser will, then take the pulse of current housing demands to help come to an agreement about fair market value.
Prepare and explain our listing contract, discuss commissions, dual-agency and our strategies to prepare for the successful sale of your house.
Schedule Greene Realty Group broker tour of your property for agent feedback regarding price, condition, and anything else that needs to be “dialed in” before we hit the market. Having more professional broker eyes on your property ensures no rock is left un-turned.
Hire a professional to take beautiful photographs of your house and surrounding property for the internet and print materials. With up to 97% of Buyers coming from the Internet, photos are king!
Hire a professional aerial photographer to capture your waterfront, view or acreage/farm property from the sky! Impressive aerial/drone photographs are sure to attract buyers.
Send listing to NWMLS to be distributed via internet to all MLS sites. Place a lockbox on your property, monitor showings and get agent feedback about showings. Place and maintain signs and full-color flyers on your property. We never want an empty flyer box.
Hold weekend Open Houses and place a full color ad in The Olympian for each day.
Continuously market your home, concentrating on internet exposure, print media, etc. Network with local brokers working with Buyers to get “eyes on” your property
Expose your home to the most Internet sites and visitors as possible. We have a dedicated assistant whose task it is to monitor your home’s appearance all over the Web. Place your home in a web-based feeder system to distribute the listing to over 42 independent sites.
Manage showings of your property and follow up with agent feedback
frequently asked questions
- Marketing and advertising your house is for sale. A top agent will have multiple fronts and tools with which they will market your house for you.
- Show your house to prospective buyers and answer questions from agents/buyers. A top agent will ensure every interested buyer gets their questions answered, have as many looks at your house as they need, and in short make sure you are set up for successfully winning an offer from the buyer.
- Review offers. The buyer/buyer’s agent will prepare an offer for you to review. Your agent will help you understand contingencies, and the strengths/merits as well as risks for each offer. There’s more to an offer than just the price.
- Accept offer and navigating closing process. Once you’ve accepted an offer, there’s still quite a lot that happens. The buyer needs to be approved for financing, which involves getting an official appraisal done on your house by the lender. A buyer may also want to conduct an inspection and you’ll need to coordinate to let the inspector on site. An agent will ensure that deadlines are met and coordinate all the vendors that need access to your house.
- Sign paperwork. Once it’s all said and done, all that’s left is to sign the official closing documents and collect your sales proceeds!