The word is out! National Geographic magazine included Olympia in its list of “The Best Cities in the United States”. I can’t say I agree more!
How did National Geographic choose Olympia?
The magazine “partnered with Resonance Consultancy, a global destination branding advisor, to identify the top U.S. small cities based on unconventional metrics that we think lead to happiness: green spaces, galleries, coffee shops, breweries, music venues, Instagrammable moments, and more.”
What the magazine didn’t mention?
- -Our gorgeous waterfront, with access to calm south Puget Sound waters for boating, kayaking and paddleboarding activities
- -The fabulous Hand On Childrens’ Museum
- -Our small, emerging food culture, and vibrant arts scene
- -Our strong public school system and our three colleges
- -Proximity to hiking and skiing areas right out the back door
Olympia also offers low to no traffic, scenic views of the water, the mountains and our glorious trees all around. And we have some fairly affordable housing as compared to cities north and south of us……the list goes on.
Click here to read the story! Ready to move here? Give me a call and I will show you what our small city is all about and why we chose it back in 1998.